Dr. Lorenzana is a Developmental Vision Optometrist who has obtained additional training and peer reviewed certification in the areas of Pediatric-Binocular Vision and Perception through additional education in a Residency Program and Fellowships both in the American Academy of Optometry and the College of Optometrist for Visual Development.
A Functional Vision Evaluation is an in-depth assessment of an individual’s maximum level of visual functioning and its impact on their performance of everyday activities.
Who needs a Functional Vision Evaluation?
Anyone who would like to achieve optimal performance in schoolwork or sports will benefit from the exam. However, functional vision exams are most critical for those who:
- Struggle in school and may have visual processing disorders
- Have learning disabilities
- Have developmental delays
- Have neurodevelopmental disorders (autism, Down’s Syndrome, etc.)
- Suffer health issues or physical injury affecting sight (TBIs, stroke victims, concussion sufferers, accident trauma, etc.)
- Have physical issues affecting their visual processing (traumatic brain injury, stroke, etc.
- Are experiencing visual stress, fatigue and headaches from computer use or other visual tasks.